There are many innovative and cost-effective methods available to upgrade transmission lines and WIRE Services' parent company, Manitoba Hydro, has employed many of them. Based on this extensive utility experience, we can help you find the best upgrade option to mitigate the thermal rating issues affecting your transmission line.
WIRE Services has experience using the following upgrade methods:
- Structure Replacements
- Tower Extensions
Based on the results of the Thermal Rating Analysis, WIRE Services can recommend which upgrade method, or combination of upgrade methods, would be best suited for a particular line. We conduct feasibility, cost-benefit analysis, as well as technical studies that to ensure the upgrade meets your needs (sag-tension, structural analysis, etc).
- Two workers are preparing to remove a small length of conductor (also known as a “Nip”) out of this span
- W.I.R.E. Services will provide full structural analysis/design as shown here
- Workers are in the process of rebuilding this structure
- Workers are increasing the height of this structure by installing a PhaseRaiser in each pole
- Workers are increasing the height of this structure by installing an extension in this tower